Lama Zopa Rinpoche wrote this article at the request of Renuka Singh for her anthology, The Path of the Buddha, published in 2004.
Welcome to our September 2019 eletter and Big Love news.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche gave this practice advice while in Bodhgaya, India.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of practicing in Bodhgaya and advises specific practices to be done while on pilgrimage.
Lama Thubten Yeshe: Doing Two Things at Once
Volume 2 in our new ebook series includes teachings on a range of lamrim topics and excerpts from Lama's commentary on the deity yoga practice of Manjushri.
Verses from a sutra found in the Kangyur on the benefits of circumambulating stupas, translated by Lama Zopa Rinpoche. The teaching includes a commentary on the verses.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche: Subdue Your Mind
The retreat was on the four Kadampa deities, however, Rinpoche teaches on a broad range of lamrim topics and gives a thorough explanation of meditation on emptiness.
In the first volume of our new ebook series, Lama Yeshe discusses the principal aspects of the path to enlightenment and offers general advice on relationships, educating children and a range of other issues.
Advice on how to purify negative karma in relation to the guru, given to students confessing mistakes.
- Regretting Anger Toward Rinpoche •
- Confession of Anger •
- Confessing Mistakes •
- Confessing Negative Thoughts •
- Heavy Karma of Criticizing the Guru •
- Mitukpa Mantra and Being Vegetarian •
- Not Following the Guru’s Advice •
- Degeneration of Guru Devotion •
- Impatient and Upset at the Teachings •
Advice on how to use sickness on the path, especially through the practice of tonglen (taking and giving).
- How Sickness Purifies Negative Karma •
- Very Sick Student •
- Offering Service •
- Brain Infection •
- Using Sickness for the Path •
- Tumor in Spine •
- Purifying Sickness •
- How to Think about Sickness •
- Beneficial Practices for the Sick •
- Rejoice in Your Sickness •
- How Fortunate You Are to Have This Sickness •
- Rejoice That You Purified Negative Karma •
- Meditate on the Kindness of Others •
Advice on the importance of Dharma practice and how to actualize the lamrim, the path to enlightenment.
- Doubts About Lam-rim •
- The Quickest Path to Enlightenment •
- Special Qualities of Buddhism •
- Lama Tsongkhapa's Teachings •
- Lam-rim Quotes •
- Lam-rim and Tantra •
- Following the Basic Program •
- Recognize the Nature of Suffering •
- This Perfect Human Rebirth is Most Precious •
- The Quickest Way to Achieve Enlightenment •
- Definition of a Holiday •
- Freedom is in Our Hands •
Advice on how to prepare oneself for death, which can happen at any time. Includes practices for students whose death is imminent.
- Premonition of Death •
- Death Can Happen Anytime •
- Rely on Amitabha •
- Death Can Happen at Any Time •
- Preparing for Death •
- Donating Organs •
- Dream of Death •
- Practices When Close to Death •
- Whether to Tell Family About Life Obstacles •
- Practices to Prepare for Death •
- Making a Will •
- More Talks on this Topic: Preparing for Death •
- Amitabha is Guiding You •
- Confession Before Passing Away •
- Imminent Death •
- Transference of Consciousness at Death Time •
Advice on the amazing benefits of building a stupa and circumambulating a stupa, as well as instructions on how to fill a stupa and how to make the stupa beautiful and inspiring.
- Building Stupas to Benefit Sick Dogs •
- How to Make the Stupa Beautiful and Inspiring •
- Circumambulation of Boudhanath Stupa •
- Liberating Animals and Circumambulating Stupas With Them •
- Filling a New Stupa •
- Building a Stupa to Liberate Sentient Beings •
- Benefits of Stupas •
- You Are Fortunate to Build Stupas •
- The Stupa Will Benefit Numberless Beings •
- The Power of the Holy Object •
- A Powerful Place of Healing •
- A Billion, Zillion Thanks for Circumambulations •
- How to Use a Stupa to Bring You to Enlightenment •