Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains the benefits of practicing in Bodhgaya, where the Buddha attained enlightenment. Rinpoche also advises specific practices to be done while on pilgrimage and gives a detailed explanation of how to dedicate the merit.
In this teaching, Lama Zopa Rinpoche reads his own translation of verses from a sutra found in the Kangyur, the Tibetan Buddhist canon. Rinpoche also gives a commentary on the verses, which outline the extensive benefits of circumambulating stupas.
Advice on the amazing benefits of building a stupa and circumambulating a stupa, as well as instructions on how to fill a stupa and how to make the stupa beautiful and inspiring.
- Building Stupas to Benefit Sick Dogs •
- How to Make the Stupa Beautiful and Inspiring •
- Circumambulation of Boudhanath Stupa •
- Liberating Animals and Circumambulating Stupas With Them •
- Filling a New Stupa •
- Building a Stupa to Liberate Sentient Beings •
- Benefits of Stupas •
- You Are Fortunate to Build Stupas •
- The Stupa Will Benefit Numberless Beings •
- The Power of the Holy Object •
- A Powerful Place of Healing •
- A Billion, Zillion Thanks for Circumambulations •
- How to Use a Stupa to Bring You to Enlightenment •
Advice on pilgrimage to holy places including Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda, and practices to do at the holy sites.
- Pilgrimage to Bodhgaya, Rajgir and Nalanda •
- Advice and Practices for Pilgrimage •
- Practicing in Bodhgaya •
- More Talks on this Topic: Pilgrimage •
- Why Bodhgaya Is So Important •
- A Piece of the Pure Land •
- Swayambunath Mountain •
- Tso Pema, the Holy Lake of Padmasambhava •
- Amitayus Meditation at Maratika •
Advice on how to care for and respect statues of the Buddha. Rinpoche advises that holy objects such as statues contribute to world peace and help us create believable merit just by seeing them.
- Climbing on a Statue •
- Hosting the Jade Buddha •
- Painting the Buddha’s Eyes •
- Benefactor Building a Statue •
- Benefits of Building a Statue of Padmasambhava •
- Tara Statue With Head Looking Down •
- Auspicious Welcome for Amitabha Buddha Statue •
- Care of Chenrezig Statue in Garsha, India •
- Your Gift to Sentient Beings •
- Buddha Statue on the Ground •
Advice on making offerings to the Three Rare Sublime Ones.
- Verses to Inspire Offerings •
- Offering to the Sangha •
- Water Bowls Practice •
- How to Generate Merit by Offering Music, such as Bell, Gong or Conch Shell •
- Making Offerings to the Pretas •
- Offerings to the Guru-Buddha •
- Offering Incense •
- Benefits of Offering Gold to Buddha Statues •
- Take Care of the Flowers •
- Water Bowl Offerings •
- Flower Offering Card •
- How to Dedicate a Money Offering •
- Water Bowl Offerings as a Group Practice •
- The Benefits of Supporting the Center and Sangha •
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses the direct and indirect benefits for all sentient beings that will result of the construction of a large Maitreya statue.
A translation and short commentary on the meaning of the eight auspicious signs and how they can be used for success.
Advice on a simple method for practicing circumambulation with body, speech and mind
A teaching on the benefits of making offerings to holy objects
A teaching on the power of holy objects and the benefits of building a very large Maitreya Buddha statue
Whatever place in the external world we think is holy is, in reality, within this precious human body.
Advice on how to make pilgrimage to the holy places as meaningful and beneficial as possible
Making offerings to holy objects is a remedy for attachment, whether physically offered or mentally transformed