Advice on how to transform depression and use it on the path to enlightenment.
- Advice on Transforming Depression •
- So Much to Rejoice In •
- Depressed and Unsure Where to Live •
- Daughter with Depression •
- Practices for Depression •
- Depressed Student •
- Practice Tong-len for Depression •
- Practices for Daughter's Depression •
- Balloon Mantras for Daughter's Depression •
- Stopping Depression •
- Dealing with Depression •
- Long-Term Depression •
- Depression in the Family •
- Battling with Depression •
- Severe Depression •
- More Talks on this Topic: Depression •
- How to Overcome Depression •
- Remedy for Depression •
- Severe Depression and Anxiety •
- The Best Way to Eliminate Depression •
- Numberless Buddhas Cherish You Most •
- Transforming Depression •
The real enemy is ignorance, the self-cherishing thought, so there’s no reason to get angry with external conditions
How to deal with attachment, so we remain calm and clear when experiencing pleasure.
We have the potential to be totally free from the suffering of samsara and its cause, delusion and karma.
When the mind is under the control of disturbing thoughts there is no peace or happiness
In order to control anger, we must reflect well on its shortcomings
Recognizing and renouncing harmful thoughts and actions brings peace and a meaningful life.
Anger, attachment and ignorance are the cause of all our suffering
Following desire always results in dissatisfaction.
The real hero is the person who fights anger and defeats the inner enemy, the delusions.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche discusses techniques for cutting through depression in this excerpt from a teaching at the 28th Kopan Course in 1995.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche explains how delusion and karma bind us to samsara in this excerpt from a teaching at the 11th Kopan Course.
How to use depression to develop compassion and bodhicitta, and ultimately to achieve enlightenment.
Creating harmony and good communication with others through compassion and thought transformation rather than blaming and criticizing.